Home | About Us | Our Team
Peter has a lifetime of business experience; inspiring, leading and working alongside people to achieve outstanding, measurable results. He has been an executive and entrepreneur with particular skills in sales and marketing, business development & growth, investment property and business brokerage.
Having worked in senior management for some of the world’s largest ‘corporates’ in various industries, he has also experienced the humbling trials and tribulations of being an employer and running his own business. He has also presented countless business development workshops for business owners, mentored many small/medium businesses (SMEs), and helped develop enduring new brands.
In recent years, Peter has worked with a number of traditional real estate agencies and business brokerages. During this time, he became frustrated with the old-fashioned approach to real estate and business brokerage, which focuses almost exclusively on getting the listing, feeding it into the pipeline and hoping for the best. While this system is profitable for the agencies concerned, it means that most of the listed businesses don’t sell – they are often over-priced and/or poorly marketed – generally a combination of both. Disillusioned business owners then often list with other business brokers; who all take the same, ineffective approach.
Determined to bring a fresh, innovative new approach to business broking, Peter established Business Associates™, incorporating the unique Value Activator System™. Peter’s ultimate goal is to confidentially and professionally help business owners start retirement, or begin a new chapter, leaving a business legacy taking care of employees and customers.
Experience & Qualifications
- B/Com and M/Com (University of Otago)
- National Diploma in Real Estate
- Lectured Marketing & Business at University of Otago
- Senior Marketing Management positions with IBM, MTF (Motor Trade Finance), Fisher & Paykel, and House of Travel Group
- Involved in ‘start-up’ businesses including retail, consulting and building/construction
- Established & ran marketing & business consultancy ‘Virtual Marketing Group’ for over 10yrs – specialising in strategy, branding & advertising
- Worked closely with the Chamber of Commerce presenting marketing & business workshops and mentoring small to medium businesses, including those from the Tourism and Hospitality industry
- Changed direction to pursue a real estate career as a means of combining experience and interests together with lifestyle. Over 15 years real estate and business broking experience including CRT (now Farmlands), Century 21, Colliers International and Tourism Properties.Com
Alister Bull – Castlemain Capital (Business Advisor) Alister works closely with Business Associates, in his capacity as founding director of Castlemain Capital. He brings more than forty years’ experience in finance and business consulting, and has particular expertise in financial structuring, risk analysis, strategic planning and problem solving, across a wide range of industry sectors. Of particular relevance to Business Associates’ clients, is Alister’s immense experience in exit planning; coaching and preparing businesses for eventual sale.